Trading Q&A: Stocks Trading Q & A


Please post any questions on trading shares here


Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

Stocks Trading Q & A

So far there isn't any youngster trying to learn investing or trading ah? Decipher kor kor willing to teach leh. Better start young coz' this is also the time when you can afford to lose and restart. C'mon!

6 Dec 05, 17:39
Her: Hi Decipher! WHat do you mean by a shooting star and how do you spot a shooting star? Btw, I think ur blog is great. I'm glad I bumped into it.

Ans: I'm so happy you like the service i trying so hard to share! Ok, shooting star is a japanese candlesticks formation. During the intra-day, it reaches a high and then towards the end of the day closes near the low of the day forming a very long upper shadow. This shows that the late selling strength keep the price near to the day low. Bearish signal.


6 Dec 05, 17:35
Stockpile: There are some counters with sublistings like DB eCW061121 behind them. What are these counters? Is it what they call structured warrants? How do we play such instruments? Do these instruments affect the main share price?

Ans: Yes they are structured warrants. It is traded like any other stocks. But, they have an expiry date. I would suggest you to visit www.dbwarrants.com.sg it's a very useful sight for warrants. They normally follow their main share's movement. If you intend to trade warrants, please find out more! They are extremely volatile!


6 Dec 05, 17:27
Stockpile: Hi Decipher, thanks for your replies. May i know what is this counter STI ETF? Something to do with the index? They pay dividends, don't they? i see there is a 100 behind it. Can we buy in 100 lots.

Ans: Yes these are traded according to the STI's movement. I haven't traded them myself.


6 Dec 05, 15:28
xiao hei: HI Decipher, Biosensors 'moves' today cos Boston Scientific's bid for Guidant? may i know its support and if it is time to invest?tks

And: my trading style is to wait for a defined movement which will form some shapes like double bottom, cup and handle....hence i will not buy biosensor as of now. I haven't master the art of bottom fishing. As for support, I don't trust them. Normally I use money management to determine where i will cut loss. I'm not saying you should follow my trading style, but If i don't know, i want to be honest and say I don't know rather than bluff my way through. :)


6 Dec 05, 12:52
yoyo: decipher, will married deal quanity reflect on the total volume of trade?

Ans: Yes, it is taken as the volume in total for that day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?